It happened yesterday, as it does every Thursday, that Baba took charge of the kitchen for breakfast - allowing Aai her much-deserved leave from the daily task. I allowed myself to be cajoled into 'assisting' Baba! (Yes, it surely was that once-in-a-blue-moon time)
Kande Pohe was decided as the menu for the same. I was merely a 'provider' for all that Baba needed -
"Rohan, kadhai de". Dili.
....
"Chirlela tomato de". Dila. "
....
Something that was probably missing was Baba wearing a chef's attire, the chef's topi et al (my general knowledge tells me it's called a toque B-) ). But then, while the Pohe were undergoing a transformation, I heard Baba singing a song; I almost straining my ears to get hold of the words!!! (The 'exclamation' marks are for the song he was singing rather than him singing)
"Aayushya Hey Chulivarlya, Kadhaitale, Kandepohe!"
Those taking efforts to listen to Marathi songs will get it. This is a song from a Marathi movie Sanai Choughade which is written and composed by none other than Awadhoot Gupte! Quite a number this. I won't get into the intricacies of the same, but without a doubt the first Marathi song with a Rock arrangement which is sung by Sunidhi Chauhan.
I finished the Kande Pohe (not the song :-P) with the lyrics of the song still lingering in my mind...not because I could relate to it (!) but because of the usage of some daily-used-words. Nothing jazzy about them. All-in-all a very unique song. Also, Baba couldn't have possibly found a better 'occasion' to sing the song. Hahahaha, Baba maza! :-D
I'm adding the lyrics of the song for the interested - just go through them. Do let me know if you want the .mp3 of it; I'd be more than pleased to share it with you :-)
* Kande Pohe
(V) Bhijalelya Kshananna Aathavanichee Fodani,
Haladisathee Aasurlele Halve Maan Aani Kantee
Aayushya Hey Chulivarlya, Kadhaitale, Kandepohe
(St) Naatyanchya Hya Bajaratun Vikretyanchi Dati,
Aani Mhane To Varacha Julavi Shatjanmachya Gathee,
Roj Natave Roj Sajaave Dharun Aasha Khotee,
Pane Mitunee Lajalupari Punha Ughadyasathee,
Aayushya Hey Chulivarlya, Kadhaitale, Kandepohe
(St) Durdeshichya Rajkumarachi Swapne Pahatanna,
Kunitari Yaave Haluch Magun Dhyanimani Nasatanna,
Nakalat Aapan Haravoon Jave Swatas Mag Japtanna
Aan Mag Dola Ughadave Diva Swapna Pahatana
Aayushya Hey Chulivarlya, Kadhaitale, Kandepohe
(St) Bhutakalchya Dhun Akshata Tandul Kele Jyanee,
Aani Sajavala Khota Rukhawat Bhadyachya Bhandyani,
Bhavishya Aata Rangavanyacha Attahasahi Tyanchas
Hatavarchya Mehndivar Otun Limbache Panee
Aayushya Hey Chulivarlya, Kadhaitale, Kandepohe
PS: I can act as the translator if need be
I'm trying to imagine Pradeep Kaka singing or humming, him cooking is easier to imagine :)
ReplyDeleteGreat...one of those family times!
ReplyDeletebtw, would love to have that mp3..
hey,.."this" post was more like a deja vu..! same thing happend with me n me dad this morning.. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the song.Paath ahe already :-)
ReplyDeletei wnat the MP3 version........n yes, very well written...
ReplyDeleteawesome song..but equally horrible movie :P :(
ReplyDeleteRohan,why don't you try making Kande Pohe? I would like to eat them, made by u. And yah if u sort out the chords along with cooking then it will make me more than happy. So best of luck... Waiting for Kande Pohe.
ReplyDelete