For my previous post, I kinda expected at least a couple of comments. So I guess I need to infer that either nobody read the post or 'The Test' was so easy that nobody bothered commenting or lastly, nobody was able to solve 'The Test'! I hope that the last option rather be not true. Whatever be it, it'll not be a deterrent to my 'A-post-a-day' endeavour... :-)
*****
Now that I'm on the threshold of graduating (completing Engineering, woowie!), I observed some things; I realized others, during all these four years of college.
So, this post is about some observations I've made and some realizations I've had over the past couple of years...
- Observations
Observation 1: You'll find yourself nodding and smiling at people whom you absolutely hate or are jealous of. As soon as the person passes you by, you say a****** in your head. And guess what? He's doing the same behind you.
Observation 2: You'll be standing somewhere looking at a hot chick ("the chances of you being in an Engineering college then, are less", did somebody say that?) A couple of seconds later, a very lame looking guy will come and start talking to her. Then, together they'll leave with the girl riding pillion with him. This happens more than once. After some days, you'll get so used to the ritual that you won't even ask the question - "Why him? Why not me?"
Observation 3: There will never be any hot babes in your class. They will always be in the other section. And they'll have at least 3 girls around them at all times. And when you're unlucky, you'll even have a couple of guys talking to her. Basically, if you're thinking you're gonna talk to her when she's alone, you might as well start finding a new girl.
- Realizations
Realization 1: Asking for another sheet (supplement) in a test while almost all of the class doesn't know anything doesn't do a lot of good. The teacher might like you but the students certainly won't appreciate it. Bottomline is, the teacher is only there for one semester. The classmates are there for 4 years!
Realization 2: Hoping that the teacher wouldn't notice you laughing your heart out when you're sitting right under her nose, doesn't go a long way in proving your intelligence.
Realization 3: Going to the office for some Principal-related work to realize that you're not aware of the 'latest' Principal. But then, by the rate at which they change in my college, I'm not the one to blame!
Oh shit! I just realized that I still have to appear for a Practical and a Viva and the Theory exam; and I haven't even started studying. But all these years I've observed that this situation is no different :-P
PS: Observations 2 and 3 are completely hypothetical (can't expect anything more while studying Engineering, right?). Though I'm damn sure, guys out there will second my observation in general!
LOL...kickass...!
ReplyDeletegoing gr8..!!
ReplyDeletebtw.. i did Observe that u hav quite good Observation on 'Observations' .. hehe..!!
I can not comment on observation 2 and 3 because i haven't encountered situation like that and atleast in our college i am not expecting single.
ReplyDeleteI am totally agreed to observation 1 though. It immediately reminded me V*******a.
Similarly for realization 1 and 2 i am always among those who doesn't know anything during exam so i haven't took many supplements during my Engineering. About last comment, i also realized that pracs and orals starting on 26th or something but even then i know i'm not going to start study before 24th evening as IPL is starting from 18th :-P
this was amazing...n very true, I must say...though some of the observations are very hard to find in our college...hehe... realizations agreed!
ReplyDeleteI agree with 'shwaytaj'....kickass!
ReplyDeleteOnly one word..
ReplyDeletePerfect!
HAAAAH !
ReplyDelete