Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Laa'jawab' !

I, as an ideal citizen, was abiding by the traffic rules (I always do!) at one of the busiest junctions in Pune. Having already stopped twice at the same signal, I almost cursed when I missed the third by a whisker. The counter displayed another alarming 90 secs for the light to turn Green... No sooner had I turned-off the engine of my bike than I was startled by some shameless honking behind me; as if urging me not to pay heed to the Rules! Pretty disgruntled, I, without looking back, pointed my finger towards the Red-light (aah, certainly not 'The Finger' :-P) Glancing at my rear-view mirror, I could see two guys, about the same age as me, thoroughly enjoying the horn-harassing along with intermittent throttle-raising at MY utter displeasure. Realizing that I was not the one to succumb under those 'childish stunts', one of them asked, more in a tone of arrogance than anything else... "Kay re #@$%#, shikshan JASTI jhalay ka?" Now if they had the cheek to ask me this, I'd my own repertoire of retorts - good enough to serve as a slap in the face for the rowdies... "Maza shikshan jasti nahi, tumcha KAMI jhalay!" I bided the next 30 secs; thoroughly enjoying my 'victory' at THEIR utter displeasure! Wotta a riposte lad, wotta a riposte!!! PS: I'm pretty certain I heard touché from behind! B-)

7 comments: