When it comes to magazines, Reader's Digest (RD) wins hands down for me; or rather, for the Pandit clan considering the no. of years we've been subscribing to it - right from Ajoba's time :-) (don't bother calculating the time span)
The kind of articles it provides is quite amazing - ranging from the Real-life incidents to the special Interviews. Even the Humour is quite unbelievably unique and of the highest ranks. I owe a lot to the Word Power feature as well as the RDChallenge in helping me hone my related skills (? - did this pop-up somewhere :-P)
Now the reason I'm acting as one from RD's "Marketing Team" is its March 2009 issue...
A wholesome read I thought, probably because all that was published in it had a strong connection to my likings - be it the Quotes, Word Power, Humour, Challenge, Real-life drama or the articles on Photography, Memory and proper Word-usage (all those who take pride in uttering "anyways", must have a dekko!). RD's online version - http://www.rd-india.com/newsite/home/home.asp
Go for RD! Rogerhan recommends it!
Dhimpatika dhimpatika! The postman delivers the April issue as I write this...but Baba lays his hands on it first - shyat :-(
Dhimpatika!!!!!!!!hhehehehehheheheh.........i luuuuuuuvvvvvv Humour in Uniform....
ReplyDeleteWell said Roger !......RD wins the rat race for me and 'us' ( Raje's ) as well. Have the issues since the 1970's....
ReplyDeleten yes, the Dhimpatika Dhimpatika, was well put....cant stop grinning ! Lol......Cheers !
Very true. Me and my dad both like RD. And the 'Dhimpatika' sounds excellent. This is the exactly the same feeling I have when I get a fresh copy of RD in my hands....
ReplyDelete