Friday, April 10, 2009

Replaying Old Advts and Songs

Ever since I saw the CD Collection of Malgudi Days at Crossword in the evening, I haven't stopped thinking about Indian Television and the shows / advertisements / jingles that we used to watch in the '90s (good ol' DD). I couldn't wait to catch a glimpse of these...

I, along with Aai-Baba have tried to collect some of them in this post -

  • Mile Sur Mera Tumhara - Composed beautifully, this song reminds of my childhood days and is undoubtedly the best on National Integration and Unity! I think DD National should consider playing this song once a week at least...(they actually used to)

  • Humara Bajaj advt - We hardly get to see such genuine advt these days!

  • Jungle Book- Chaddi pehen ke phool khila hain :-D

  • Mahabharat Opening Credits - Every Sunday morning, every single household in the country had this song blaring from their television sets..I’m dead sure!

  • Orangie Orangie - I love you Rasna!

  • Famous punch line - I’m a Complan Girl! I’m a Complan Boy!

  • Old Liril Commercial - I’m surprised that they allowed a bikini-clad woman to be aired in an advt in 1975 :|

  • Doodh Doodh Doodh - It’s fresh. It’s pure. It’s co-operative Milk! Not so sure about that anymore. Lovely ad though.

  • Cadbury India Advt - Kuch Khaas Hain

  • Purab Se Surya Ooga - Rashtriya Saaksharta Mission. Beautiful composition and the concept.

Some advertisements I couldn't find -

1. Boost Ad (Kapil Dev) - Boost is the secret of MY energy…OUR energy!

2. Vicco Turmeric Nahi Cosmetic...Vicco Turmeric Ayurvedic Cream :-P

Please feel free to add to the list...

7 comments:

  1. Nice list .. I can think of another AD like this one which is "Nirma Nirma" :)

    - Vineet

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more can be ..

    "Tan ki sakti.. Maan ki sakti ..Bournviitaaa..!!! "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me re-live those old 'ad times'. One of my favourites was the Titan ad with a nice piano tune.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for some strange reasons i simply loved dhara oil add to be more specific the "Jalebi..." one the old man's acting and the innocence of the child simple awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. alif laila
    dat title song ws also famous

    ReplyDelete
  6. You forgot the GIJOE add...(Go GIJOE!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you caused a major nostalgia attack brother! quite a collection :)

    ReplyDelete