Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pancham Magic

27 June: Birth Anniversary of THE BOSS! The man who gave songs to remember for a life-time; be it some pure Indian Classical composition like Raina Beeti Jaaye from Amar Prem or something involving Western arrangements like Aaja Aaja from Teesri Manzil - R. D. Burman (lovingly known as Panchamda) has left behind a treat for music aficionados like me. I'm not going to trouble myself by indulging in the impossible task of selecting five of his best compositions or five of my R. D. favourites. I'd rather complete this post and start playing some of his mesmerizing creations on the Keyboard to mark the occasion :-) I've nothing more to write than remembering him on this day. As the line in the song from the movie Jhankaar Beats goes - Zinda Hain Zinda Hain...Humare Dil Mein Boss Kaun Tha Maloom Hain Kya Boss Kaun Hain Maloom Hain Kya This day just reminds of a post I'd done some months back, click here to get yourselves refreshed.

1 comment:

  1. Really very few singers and composers can compete him. Hats of to legend.

    ReplyDelete