I don't remember the last time I was so attached to a sporting personality - emotionally and otherwise; but then Roger Federer is not just "a sporting personality" for me! He's far more than that...
Today, Roger cried, so did Rogerhan :'( And for those who think this was a sissy display of emotion, may please stop reading this post! Perhaps, it was necessary for him to let it out at that moment; equally, for us to believe that he's a human after all!!!
Regardless of the result, I would be the last one to change loyalties :-) Roger will always be MY MAN!
Take a break, come back stronger. I know you will :-) Roland Garros, SW 19 and the Flushing Meadows are awaiting you, Rog!
And yes, congratulations to Rafa for the title as well as the sportsmanship he showed.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
"God, It's Killing Me..."
I don't remember the last time I was so attached to a sporting personality - emotionally and otherwise; but then Roger Federer is not just "a sporting personality" for me! He's far more than that...
Today, Roger cried, so did Rogerhan :'( And for those who think this was a sissy display of emotion, may please stop reading this post! Perhaps, it was necessary for him to let it out at that moment; equally, for us to believe that he's a human after all!!!
Regardless of the result, I would be the last one to change loyalties :-) Roger will always be MY MAN!
Take a break, come back stronger. I know you will :-) Roland Garros, SW 19 and the Flushing Meadows are awaiting you, Rog!
And yes, congratulations to Rafa for the title as well as the sportsmanship he showed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nope, nothing sissy at all.
ReplyDelete'His victories will shape his career
ReplyDeletebut it is his losses that will mold his character'
Roger will always be the maestro!
ReplyDeleteFelt very sad to see tears in his eyes but it was definitely not his impuissance.
Fed ex! will be back with a bang :-)
i feel the picture that you've chosen says it all. Even though I am a complete Rafa fan, always been, I've always loved both of them outside the court and crying with Roger proves it i guess.
ReplyDeletei hope he strikes back with the biggest bang!
..coming from a hardcore Rafa supporter is something, right?
p.s- this does not mean i'm disloyal to Rafael now. :P
I'm a crazy football fan & I still think Fedex is probably THE greatest athlete of our generation. He has the titles, but the grace & the dignity with which he conducts himself on & off court sets him apart.
ReplyDeleteProbably the Ryan Giggs of tennis. A fitting successor to Sampras. Nadal seems very capable of carrying on the legacy too.
I hope he can come back and win the elusive French Open to cap off an extraordinary career.
Nice blog btw !