...why?
Because there's no Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil' Champs on the TV :-( Simple.
Undoubtedly, the only show on the TV which caught my rapt attention for the last 8 odd months - be it for the singers, Pallavi, Awdhoot or the musicians! Not even a single episode was missed! It was kind of a habit - come back home early on the above mentioned days, have dinner and then sit and marvel at the astonishingly well churned-out songs by the Lil' Champs!
I admit that I was pretty skeptic about Sa Re Ga Ma Pa's latest "parwa" when it was announced. I couldn't imagine tiny-tots (literally) singing Marathi songs in the age of Bollywood and Rock! (sic) "Phar phar tar 'Kombadi Palali' kinva 'Aaicha Gho' gaatil", is what I use to tell Aai-Baba and a few of my friends before the commencement of the show. I thank all the participants for proving me wrong. Horribly!!!
I even thank Sa Re Ga Ma Pa for instilling love for 'Marathi Sangeet' in me, which I now believe, is the best form of music, arguably! It's while watching the show (all the "parwas") that I've realized the kind of variety Marathi music provides is second-to-none!
I'm leaving you with some of my favourite renditions by the Lil' Champs finalists- (the criteria was - songs unheard before, but which compelled me to download and play them, on REPEAT!).
PS: The list is not at all comprehensive! Sa Re Ga Ma Pa-buffs can feel free to add their own to this list. I'd would like to hear from you...
1) Aarya Ambekar
2) Kartiki Gaikwad
3) Mugdha Vaishampayan
4) Prathamesh Laghate
5) Rohit Raut (his is an exception to the criteria)
well i will add more to dis as it ws not only da show bt a real gud ans to dose ppl who say new generation is loosing their ties with marathi sanskriti.. dose who watched da show regularly now listens to marathi songs more dan hindi n even new marathi songs r admired very well
ReplyDeletebt yeah will surely miss dis parwa
it ws really a PARWA
It had the power to make a guy who used to watch it just bcoz his grandparents were watching it (and there was nothing else to do), into someone who started appreciating marathi songs (yes, old ones included!!) and the tiny (by no means in ability) Mughda & Kartiki.
ReplyDeleteFantastic post yaar! Spot on!
ReplyDeleteAnd I was anyway about to post my own individual favorites, then I read your encouraging suggestion in p.s.
Prathamesh: Galavar khali, Surat piya ki, Swar aale duruni
Arya: Aho sajna, Ye javali, Yeu kashi priya
Kartiki: Ughdya punha jahalya, Man suddha tuza, Kanda mula bhaji
Mugdha: Vikal man aaj, ruturaaj aaj wani, Khulawte mendi maza
Rohit: Vinchu chawla, Vande maataram, In dino
Well I don't have much to add..I echo the sentiments wholeheartedly..btw did you know Rohit was a finalist in he Hindi Li'l champs as well?
ReplyDeleteJust a few of my favourites not mentioned above:
Shalmali: Sunya sunya maifilit majhya, Kashi karu swagata, Kashala udyachi Baat, Gadivaan Dada..
[Needless to say,I was HEARTBROKEN when she had to leave :( ]
Rohit: Ek Chatur Nar, Saade Maade teen, yeshil yeshil rani, malharwari, sarfarosh
Prathamesh: He suranno,Kata rute kunala..
The list is going to go on forever! So I'll stop here.. :)
p.s. After this parwa,I am rather doubtful we'll enjoy any of the coming parwas so much..