It's exactly an year since the BASTARDS (feel free to use any other expletive of your choice) attacked aapli jeevachi Mumbai.
The saddest thing of it was that we lost quite a few of our super cops and personnel; men with valour -
MY RESPECT OF THE HIGHEST RANK FOR THEM!
The Martyrs -
- Mumbai Police /ATS Personnel / Railway Police
Shaheed ATS chief: Hemant Karkare
Shaheed Anti-extortion cell chief: Vijay Salaskar
Shaheed Additional Commissioner: Ashok Kamte
Shaheed Deputy Inspector: Baburao Sahebrao
Shaheed Assistant Inspector General: Nana Saheb Bhosale
Shaheed Shashank Shinde
Shaheed Prakash More
Shaheed B G Ombale
Shaheed N C Chaudhary
Shaheed Jayvant Patil
Shaheed Yogesh Patil
Shaheed Ambadas Pawar
Shaheed A R Chitle
- NSG/Indian Military
Shaheed NSG Commando Gajendra Singh
Shaheed NSG Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan
What has the government and police achieved since then? One of those sons of a gun Ajmal Kasab has been caught and enjoying a Z-level security in the jail, and what does the Indian government do all this while - feast a terrorist with Chicken Biryani from people’s money! Elephantshit!
And what's the latest? - Police are still searching for the culprits while India has moved on… (and apparently, unknowingly preparing for another blast). There haven’t been significant changes in security as well.
And now even after a year, no one really knows what went wrong (and then you get the Bullet-proof jacket-controversy). On the other hand (or should I say the other 'side'), the masterminds behind the attack are now coolly planning for another attack.
People voted for Congress to power, again. Mr. R.R. Patil is back to the Home Ministry.
We are back to Square One. Are you all ready for the next attack?
As a child when some one fooled around with you, what did you do? You either chose to ignore the bully so that he gets bored and leaves you alone or you beat him black and blue (if you could!) so that he never dared again.
Complaining to his mother or your mother did no good and is not always the advised way. Isn't it high time we learn that US is not our friend?!
Sigh! Yes we're unfortunately back to Square One… and ready for another attack.
It boils my blood to read your blog, Rohan. India has always been a coward when it comes to taking on anti-terrorism activities head on. I have abuses of the highest category for Ajmal Kasab, but there is no point in wasting time talking about him. As for India, I am deeply concerned and also slightly worried about facing the next terror attacks. I know people keep saying, Wake up, and do something, not just talk about it. I would be obliged if someone stood up and told me HOW. I would love to do my bit....
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you and Sangram. It is really high time we did something, but HOW stands the question. The security has been tightened after 26/11 last year, they said. I have been to hundreds of places where the security should really be tight; but to my surprise, all the checking done by the security is minimal. In fact, it is stupid the way our security works. They check the underbody of a car going into a 5-star hotel. They check the boot and the bonnet. But they dont even see who is sitting inside or what they are carrying in the cabin of the car! How stupid can that be?
ReplyDeleteLeaving all that aside, the point raised on the Govt is very true as well. The anti-crime/anti-terrorism squads might be working a lot on the 26/11 investigations. And in max probability, nothing is reaching us since it has to be a top secret and the media has been kept out of it. This is a good thing. But is the Govt doing anything? I believe not. When will we progress? I really fail to digest the inefficiency of the Govt to take a strong stand to fight the terrorism. Indian government is said to be one of the strongest democracy in the world. Is it worth it?
Rohan - a sober piece of advice from Union Home Secy GK Pillai. I happened to attend a talk he gave on India's internal security (he and I share the same school).
ReplyDeleteOne student asked him how the youth of India could help, I guess half expecting him to exhort people to take up the gun aka the American way of life.
His answer was simple. Start by following the law. Every time you break a law (especially traffic laws), you are putting additional pressure on the government to check this. Resources that could otherwise have gone into more critical activities, are diverted to patrol citizens. Not that I think the government allocates resources very efficiently, but the simplicity of his answer struck me. On further thought, it makes a ton of sense.
Rahul
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with Sangram and Adhish. However, being a common man, I don't know what exactly I can do to fight against it. First question arises in my mind, whether I should fight against Terrorism or our own respectful government who boasts, now security is adequate and we have taken necessary steps to fight against terrorism. Bullshit... Don't our government know, their top Scientists and Engineers are helping terrorists? The sluggishness they are showing would definitely lead to another attack. I fear, there would be every day of year we remembering like 26/11 or 9/11.
ReplyDelete