... nahi kar sakte?
This post comes while watching a repeat telecast of Star Plus' program "Sach Ka Saamna" as I've been hearing a lot about it since the "Breaking News" of a woman committing suicide after watching celebrity Rupa Ganguly's (more famous for her role of Draupadi in Mahabharat) straight-from-the-shoulder episode some days back, and of course Vinod Kambli's (in)famous take on Sachin Tendulkar. The only thing I knew beforehand was that this reality-show has been inspired/copied from a hit game show in the US, 'Moment of Truth' and hence decided to check it out.
Till now, there's a lady on screen who's revealing her life to the whole world for money. So far, she's managed to hurt her mother, brother and husband (to a great extent); but the whole family looks to be interested in earning more money. So as a poor TV viewer, I'm watching the show.
I'm wondering why'd other people -
This post comes while watching a repeat telecast of Star Plus' program "Sach Ka Saamna" as I've been hearing a lot about it since the "Breaking News" of a woman committing suicide after watching celebrity Rupa Ganguly's (more famous for her role of Draupadi in Mahabharat) straight-from-the-shoulder episode some days back, and of course Vinod Kambli's (in)famous take on Sachin Tendulkar. The only thing I knew beforehand was that this reality-show has been inspired/copied from a hit game show in the US, 'Moment of Truth' and hence decided to check it out.
Till now, there's a lady on screen who's revealing her life to the whole world for money. So far, she's managed to hurt her mother, brother and husband (to a great extent); but the whole family looks to be interested in earning more money. So as a poor TV viewer, I'm watching the show.
I'm wondering why'd other people -
1) be interested in knowing facts viz. doings, misdoings, secrets, sins about a stranger's life and
2) more importantly be affected by it to the extent of ending their life?
Well, is the answer to the first question - simply because it's fun... entertaining? or because the person in the hot chair is not you? So watching other people suffer is what people love; and someone making quick moolah by answering easy questions is enough to glue the whole India to the TV!
Well, is the answer to the first question - simply because it's fun... entertaining? or because the person in the hot chair is not you? So watching other people suffer is what people love; and someone making quick moolah by answering easy questions is enough to glue the whole India to the TV!
But then what about the next - are we so weak-willed as to commit suicide after watching some celebrity reveal his/her sins or laid bare some harsh truths of his/her life?
What's your take on Sach Ka Saamna?
PS: The third question "Isn't anybody bored to death with the term reality-show by now and the kind of shows these guys dish out under it?!", is completely another issue. The latest in this seems to be finding a suitable life-partner, and one name synonymous with these shows is... no need to guess hard - Rakhi Sawant.
What's your take on Sach Ka Saamna?
PS: The third question "Isn't anybody bored to death with the term reality-show by now and the kind of shows these guys dish out under it?!", is completely another issue. The latest in this seems to be finding a suitable life-partner, and one name synonymous with these shows is... no need to guess hard - Rakhi Sawant.
The best way to go about it I guess is by having a blasé attitude about it.
I would have said I was bored to death with the reality shows, but I wasn't interested in the first place..So, I haven't watched any of them.
ReplyDeleteI actually prefer Cartoon Network!