Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Nnumerrology

NOOOO! The title to the post is neither a spelling mistake nor I'm the latest to be bitten by the Numerology bug; it just helps me in emphasizing the topic of the post. 
Heard/read enough of a certain Tushar changing to Tusshaar just in the hope of changing his luck or a Sakshi now being Sakkshii? (examples aplenty!) I'd enough of it when a certain guy I'd known all these years to be a disbeliever of Numerology, showed the desire to actual change the spelling of his name to try and help him boost his career-graph and win him good luck (!), after getting influenced by a weekly feature in a newspaper by Mr. Jumaani.


Rather than discussing the logic of the entire numerology issue, I'd like to pop certain questions at Mr. Jumaani and to the numerologists tribe - 


-> What would've happened if we'd used the hexadecimal system? I'd have been born in the year 7C3 and we'd be in the year 7D9 currently.


-> What would've happened if we didn't use the Roman script to write English in and I had to spell my name as "$%~*^$*" ? Or if we used pictograms like the Chinese by which I'd need only one character to spell my name?


Just wondering... how come our fate & fortune depends on the decimal system and spelling in the Roman script? 


On a lighter note - Rohen Pundit: the new Gujju scholar! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Nice one man! I'm also very surprised when I see people changing their names in order to change their luck. But anyways whatever makes them happy.

    Personally I get miffed when someone misspells my name. So I will never willingly change it from the original spelling :)

    - VINEET :)

    ReplyDelete