Sunday, October 25, 2009

Movie Review: The Pursuit of Happyness


Irrespective of the title not really a review, reflections.


There are some movies, that by looking at its stills the first time you can tell with certainty that you are going to watch it - again and again. It is distinctly a whimsy feeling considering you watch all other movies after carefully vetting the reviews. The Pursuit of Happyness was one such movie for me; I knew I'd to watch it - again and again. I did for the umpteenth time last night...


A simple and touching movie; had initially thought of doing a review of it, but then decided against it the moment I started writing one, because I believe that some things in life are so magnificently beautiful that if we sit down and analyse them, the charm goes off. Just experience them and let your mind do all the talking while you listen to it... exactly what I did after coming out of the theatre...our Sony Home-Theatre I mean :-)

5 comments:

  1. The best scene is when he comes out of the office building after getting selected and he laps his hands with joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well said rogerhan....some things like this movie are so beautiful that analyzing them may hamper its real charm....I'm also a big fan of this movie!! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the movie! And I did watch it in a cinema hall..One of the very few shining stars in my otherwise disastrous history with movies.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i completely agree with you Rohan. The movie is indeed a great experience n is one of my all time favorites also..

    ReplyDelete
  5. man i luv this movie!!! so much dat it was one of my essay topics once wen i was learning german in MMB. and my basic point to discuss was what made the director cum up wid d name Pursuit of Happyness wid a 'y' in it.. i luv the kid, i luv his questions n d answers dat his father gives wen he asks him "dad did mom leave coz of me?" n he says "no!!! mom left coz of mom" gosh!!!!! i luv them both n d lights d shots..even my fav is the one said in d 1st comment..i mean everyone must have definatly experienced that moment atleast once in life of missing sum1 wen u needed dem d most...

    ReplyDelete