Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Where I Am. What I Do.

The best place to find me these days is at family get-togethers or wedding receptions! I've been attending so many functions in the last one month that lately, I've managed to learn the nuances of attending social dos…Man learns from experience, they say. These are some of the practices I follow at such places these days -
  • When standing in line for the food at a buffet, like prisoners, I take into consideration who'll be immediately behind and in front of me. See, this saves me from a lot of trouble. People with lot of items in their plates are bound to test the detergent you use at home, followed by a polite sorry. The person immediately in front of you will turn all suddenly so that his/her food-laden dish collides with yours.
  • When picking up the spoons & forks, I attempt for the ones that are hiding deep inside the pile of spoons (Note: Look, none of these receptions I attend, is hosted at a 5-star hotel). The logic is that, the spoon/fork I picked up has high chance of being untouched -> so they'll have least number of bacteria (Kitanu pronounced: Key-taa-noo - is the new word) -> good hygiene :-P
  • I ignore the crowd and pick up the cucumber, carrot, tomato slices with hand at the salad counter. In 'loose terms', I 'hand pick' the slices ;-)
  • I don't struggle to pick the Paneer pieces from the Paneer Butter Masala pool. Never. One try is enough!
  • I'll have about 2-3 or max 4 food items in my dish so that I don't have to pay much attention to balancing the dish over the tissue paper. I know, that's a smart act B-)
  • I never have difficulty in spotting the dish collection basket and water counter.
  • I’d normally (like 20% of the times) come out of the food hall unstained.
  • But 100% of the times, I return home appreciating the home-made-food!

3 comments:

  1. Where are my tongs? :-P
    These receptions are awesome though,atleast for peoplewatchers like me..The ladies are absolutely [loudly] enthralling :-D

    ReplyDelete