Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nayee Padosan

Every time I'm not logged in or am hitting the sack, I get this sudden urge to rant something here, which vanishes the moment I login. So all my thoughts and ideas have gone, with a dreamy night's sleep. Just then, I'm looking out of the balcony - the rain pouring (and I'm not complaining) and am seeing someone: there are these kids (annoying) in my neighbourhood, who've possibly given their school a skip today because of the Paus, yelping to some latest Hindi songs from movies like Billu, Kambakkht Ishq, Kaminey, etc. with the highest intensity. They belong to a family, which has just moved in, that believes in shouting in the name of talking. So even if the woman wants to call her husband, for whatever reasons, she shrieks "Aye Mooooohannn" which is irritatingly similar-sounding to Rohan and is sometimes sufficient to get me up with a start! It's either this name or "Aye Sohammmmmmmmmm", "Aga Harshadaaaaaaaaa"!!! These two are the wonder kids of the wonder couple. The ritual of waking up Aye Sohammmmmmmmmm, Aga Harshadaaaaaaaaa is one shout match which just makes us think - did God forget to install the Volume or the Mute button on them?! Bollywood buffs they all, the favourite hero of the family is SRK, apparently. My family along with the neighbourhood gets to hear all his songs and the dialogues from his movies without any of us having to make an effort to make ourselves 'LISTEN' to what's going on in Aye Mooooohannn's house. For a family of 3 (I'm counting the kids as 1/2 and 1/2), one should listen to the amount of utensil noise that pollutes the silence of our area. The first thing in the evening, after they return home, that we end up listening to is our royal family's buffoonery and antics in kitchen with more clang of the utensils to add to the blaring music. It's actually the noise that drives me bonkers - a complete cacophony! Believe it or not the sounds start from 5 in the morning and goes on till about 11 at night (provided they don't have a 11 ka movie show at their place!) Even when I get up in the middle of my slumber for water or whatever, my ears would still end up listening to some sound emanating from the house! The interesting part is that I don't know the name of the female; but doesn't matter for I've her a name - Soprano! Here she comes again...got to run, see you later... "Aye ......." PS: I'm so sorry for disappointing all those who, after reading the title of the post, were expecting something completely different than this ;-)

3 comments:

  1. It disappointed me. The post title said something else.
    But it's Something about Everything.
    Khoda Paahad nikla chuhaa.
    Aye.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're such a tease!

    But...'I'm counting the kids as 1/2 and 1/2'..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha .. I did expect something else but that sort of a thing happens only in movies which your neighbors love to watch :D

    ReplyDelete