Monday, July 13, 2009

Favourite Quote

(Verbatim) - 1 -
ABC: Hey Rohan, wer r u man? Kay challay saddhya? me: Hey, I'm doing very well, thank you! How's the vacation coming along for you? ABC: Gettin vry bord re… :-( just tp and it gets very boring if it starts raining…can't even go out. Read your latest blog…patla mala :-) me: Thanks thanks, I'm glad you agree with it… ABC: Wot else? Wot all are u doing thes days? (other than blogging i mean :-P) me: Umm…continuing learning German, trying to learn Western Classical music (finding it a bit tough though :-|), then the usual hanging out with friends in the eve…post-engg life enjoy kartoy, baas! Baki, vel aahe tar pushtaka pan khup vachtoy. ABC: oh my god! That's nice…do you buy all the books? me: nahi re baba :-D source: some ultra-generous friends, library, have bought a couple, kahi aadhi pasunach hoti Baba chi - 2 - me: what's up with you? PQR: Rogerhan! Howdy? Khup kantala aala aahe re…joining Jan madhe kay, still 6 months to go damn bored :-( Tumhi bola… me: - same as above -
____________________
Okay, so the point in Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V -ing these chat excerpts I had with ABC and PQR is to stress on the statements made by both of them – "vry bord" & "khup kantala aala aahe re, damn bored…" I utterly detest people making such kind of statements and particularly when they're in the middle of a no-bound, much-deserved, parat-na-milnari vacation – where they've the goddamn 24 hrs and 7 days of the week all for themselves! I hardly remember the last time I mentioned of "getting bored", "kantala aala aahe" to anybody; and certainly not when I've a holiday. See, I'm neither boasting about the various activities I'm indulging in these days nor trying to become an ideal for all! What I want to know is why do people need external motivation to do something? Doesn't it bug them when they're mentioning "bore hotay, kantala aala aahe" for days together? A day or two I can understand…even I do. But doesn't it hurt them by always starting a conversation with nothing else than the above mentioned phrases? I'm glad that I've a plethora of things to do and keep myself engaged doing them! Following is a very nice and one of my favourite one-liners, aptly summing up the post –
The best test of intelligence is what we do with our leisure
…and I'm super-confident that I'll pass it with flying colours!!!

6 comments:

  1. "I utterly detest people making such kind of statements and particularly when they're in the middle of a no-bound, much-deserved, parat-na-milnari vacation – where they've the goddamn 24 hrs and 7 days of the week all for themselves!"

    I SO SO agree, after having done a terribly hectic post-grad and now a media job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also dislike people saying this as there are a lot of things that can be done especially if ABC or PQR are of our age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rohan,

    I doubt anyone would disagree with this point, especially those of us who have now gone past the 'parat-na-milnari' stage. Essentially, like all gr8 things in life, the value of this too, will dawn upon long after its gone. For those who dont wait for that realization, ur better off, much better off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one :) .. And I agree with you completely .. I also was never bored during any vacation and as I've told many others - this is the time of your life which you will mostly never get back once you start your job or even PG .. So enjoy while you can !

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is YOU have a good head on your shoulder :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-) I am so NOT bored...(read my status line for the past whole month)and I'm proud of it!

    ReplyDelete