Give one word for (a phrase, etc.) - we have always been asked to do this while in school. Now how if I ask you to give one word that best describes yourself?
So, I guess your first reaction is - that’s impossible! Well, true. It’s impossible. There are so many things about you, that the English language will have to invent a new word that combines all your qualities.
Now, let me ask you to describe the people you know. The task becomes so goddamn easy! You might just say - “He’s an idiot”, “She’s a nerd”, “He’s a loser”, etc. :-D
The exercise gets tougher when you’ve to apply it to yourself. I’m still finding one word to describe myself. I’ve come down to two words with some effort -> "Der Künstler" (The Artist)! Do they tell you anything about me?
Take the test yourself and write one word that describes yourself. I'm quite eager to read your comments...
Goodluck!
I might be stating the obvious here but your word or words will invariably change over time....in other words it would be interesting to me if at 32 for example 'the artist' would be what describes you best.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, for myself the word that comes straight to mind is 'unconventional' :-)
WEIRD
ReplyDeleteOne word for me is my name, Shreyas. I am what it means.
ReplyDeleteNice post by the way. Good to have something that asks us to wait and really think about ourselves.
Regards.
Still thinking..! :)
ReplyDeletei guess i can call my self "thinks-a-lot" ! :P