Saturday, March 1, 2014

Tinkle



Because Suppandi made me laugh till I cried.
Because if all men could carry off a moustache like Shikari Shambu, I would have myself kept one.
Because if all crows were as cute as Kalia, I would have shown a different attitude toward crows.
Because Ramu and Shamu told me that being naughty was much more fun than being a sincere kid.
Because Kapish's ability to extend and shrink his little monkey tail was magical before I read Harry Potter.
Because every scheming politician in the country has learnt a trick or two from Tantri the Mantri.
Because Anu Club taught me much more than any other lab would have.

Uncle Pai, I have loved you ever since I first laid hands on a Tinkle comic. As a child, Tinkle was the only thing I would ask for when someone wanted to gift me anything. Both my grandfathers more than catered to my requests almost every week by buying me the latest issue out. The drawer full of my Tinkle collection back home is something I will always cherish for life. Your stories were companions on every long-distance journey, post-lunch, before going to bed, bus-rides from school - basically every moment of my childhood. Thank you! I miss Tinkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment