Friday, September 11, 2009

[Fiction]: An Introduction

Authors ranging from Jeffrey Archer to Frederick Forsyth, from Robert Ludlum to Clive Cussler, from Tom Clancy to John Grisham, all have left me in awe with their work of fiction. More recently, Isaac Asimov and Roald Dahl have instilled in me the love for short-stories with their amazing twists and thrills. Even Archer and Forsyth have written some of the best short-stories.
Such has been the impact of all these writers on me that the thought of I, myself writing one day never ceased to occur. I'd been working on the same for a while now (seriously). Obviously it had to be a short-story, but somehow couldn't get the kick on how to start, what to write about, what the theme would be, etc. Fortunately, selecting the genre wasn't a tough task; it had to be one of these: Thriller, Suspense, Mystery or Adventure - my favourites.
So, finally after some cerebration and 'brainstorming', I'm ready with my first short-story! I'm so much under the influence of the above mentioned authors that inadvertently might have included a bit of their writing styles in my own piece of fiction here.
I'm hoping you'll like the effort... (and the story of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment