Friday, May 8, 2009

The Day That It Was...!

They grill you for 2 hours. They leave you helpless for the next 2! Who are they? Okay, sounds like a riddle? It can be one! Answer: XYZ Company (the name not here)
****
The It-happened-to-me-today kissa...
Tick Tick - 2.15 pm The interview at XYZ company starts at that time sharp! The interviewer rapes me...err not literally of course :-P Takes pleasure for the next 2 hours at my behest, and makes me realize that I've actually "learned" zilch during the last four years :-( Or in other words, whatever I did, was absolutely useless! (I'm not mentioning the subjects on which he grilled me here, because then I'll have to reproduce the entire SE-TE-BE syllabus :-P). The ordeal ends at 4.15 pm...relief! He then asks me to wait in the "lounge" (or whatever it was) till the HR gets back to me...and I thought that would be soon enough. Tick Tick - 4.30 pm No communication yet. I pick up the latest issue of Week in front of me and start going through it. Tick Tick - 4.35 pm No one yet. I get bored with the Week and pick up India Today. Tick Tick - 4.45 pm Tried calling the HR - No answer! Start going through some IT magazines kept on the table. Tick Tick - 5.00 pm Yaaaaawn! I almost brisk through all the newspapers and magazines at my disposal! Tick Tick - 5.25 pm See a company bus leaving the campus! Tubelight petli...aaicha! Tick Tick - 5.30 pm Frantic search for a Security guard - nowhere was he. Where the hell were all the people???!!! Couldn't even get into the Cubicles - damn the door! Stranded all alone in the "lounge" :-O Tick Tick - 5.35 pm Did a scan on all the floors - with the help of my best ally - the Elevator. Finally I see a security guard on the 8th! Call the HR fast...still not answering the call. (I just realize that this habit of not answering the call is tya company chya employees chi khasiyat! ;-) ) Tick Tick - 5.45 pm Now for the Jor-Ka-Jhatka-Jor-Se-Lage moment. The guard nonchalantly tells me - "Te saheb hafis madhe nahiyet, ghari gele!" I asked where was the other who interviewed me then? "Te pan gele, tyam (read: time) jhala na! Aata tumhi Main-Gate la ja, tithe te tumhala tya sahebancha phone laoon detil." Barr. The HR tells me on the phone, "Sorry, Rohan...I think it was some kind of a miscommunication! Some kind of???!!! You left me stranded there with nothing but heaps of paper and some strange who-is-he-? glances from the employees?! "I'll give you a call regarding the further process next week". Barr. Tick Tick - 6.10 pm Explained the entire situation to the Security Guards...who sympathized with me :-) (The first people I chatted with after a whole 2 hours!) Tick Tick - 6.15 pm Leave for home...which needed another hour thanks to the choc-a-bloc on the way between. Tick Tick - 7.10 pm Ghari pochlo ekdacha...damlo chayla :-( ...the day that it was!

6 comments:

  1. oh-my-god...(read : janice style)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two 3-letter picks for you: WTF, OMG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe...my sincere sympathy towards you ,Rohan......lets take it as a lesson to be efficient managers in future and spare the future 'us' from such ordeal......lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha .. Unfortunately for you in this market you'll have to bear with HR .. About 2 years back you could have walked out 10 minutes after the interview :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm..do tell us if he did call 'next week',and if he did,what did he say :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. jeez..people just don't value others time any more..

    ReplyDelete