Sunday, September 7, 2014

Super Six

This space completed 6 long years last month. Well, a long way to have come. Thinking about it, I am still amazed as to what all I have written. Certainly didn't have a clue about it when I started. (who/ what was the reason that I started blogging, here)

Also, thinking about what all I could have written. For a good part of these 6 years, I wasn't comfortable to share my views on certain topics fearing public backlash; but one thing is for sure that I now write for myself. I don't wait for comments, nor do I seek approval. I write when I want to, the way I want to.

I write to express myself, I write to extend myself. No sweat. I like this phase. No pressure to write, no anticipation of comments and appreciation in the form of 'Likes'. I hope it stays that way. I almost abandoned the blog two years ago for a while; but yeah I am glad I was able to rebound!

At times, I feel I've narrowed my scope of writing. Has my interest waned? Not really, it's just that few things are not worth whining about. What can you do about it? And the kind of issues are limited, aren't they? :-) And why write only about issues.

However, it's better than not writing at all. It keeps me at peace, jotting down what I want to, sharing good things once in a while. So be it. Above all, I can't end without talking about bloggers who have been reading me. I feel so motivated by the encouragements I receive. The ones who continue to read me are genuine folks who truly appreciate my views and what better to ask for.

So the sojourn continues...

4 comments:

  1. It's apropos that I'm reading this during Serena's victory speech - because a victory speech is what this 'reads' like. I am so proud of you for having stuck to writing all these years. This remark "it's better than not writing at all" says it all. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I didn't pour too many emotions into this "victory speech". Thank you for sticking through my posts/ rants whatever you prefer calling them.

      Delete
  2. This post shows how much you have grown as a person over the years. Great going! Upwards and onwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are encouraging as always Shivangee, thank you! I'm glad to have you as one of the few regular readers of the blog :)

      Delete