One of the various pearls of wisdom the wise old men have always flowered us with is to cut diamond with a diamond. Eradicate fear of heights by visiting the top-floor of the Burj Khalifa, fear of spiders by adopting one, fear of lunatics by interviewing Praveen Togadia, fear of women by … (ok, I hope you get my drift) – which brings me to my case:
“Dekh ke phatti hain!” is a common phrase associated with The Factory’s productions (for the less Bollywood buffs, Ram Gopal Varma’s production house is aptly called The Factory). And then there also are the friends who kindly disclose the spoilers (of any horror film for that matter). And you have equally kind ‘seniors’ here in Infy who let it casually slip that the subject of RDBMS might seem easy, but unexpectedly “usme phatti hain!” But it is not every day that there is an opportunity to kill two birds with Ein Stein, the local cable guy freeing one of the birds. So, I decided to do some diamond-cutting and indulge in a distracted study session with alternate glances of Sameera Reddy, ghouls and SQL Queries!
The reaction to the film wasn’t as expected, primarily the reason being that I was watching an average quality broadcast without the effect of the sounds that do the trick for RGV’s films and the knowledge of the spoiler. And I also managed to complete one chapter of the subject.
Next week: UNIX and The Exorcist!
No comments:
Post a Comment