Saturday, January 2, 2010

Lessons of Life

I like learning things from around - anything, anywhere, anytime. It's fun observing and then trying to imbibe them. Some trivial things I noticed have now become milestones down my memory lane, really!

 
1) Table Manners

There used to be an advertisement being aired on DD long time back of Hajmola candy –> in which a hostel warden was instructing students on table manners - "Right hand mein knife, left hand mein fork". One of the students was found to have Hajmola in his hands, and teacher asks, "Right hand mein kya hain?" The student says, "Kuch khatti kuch meethi" and then everyone throws the knives and forks, to have food with their hands…
That advt helped me remember, every time, even now, that actually knife is always to be in the right hand. In formal dinners that I am invited to, this ad comes handy to me :)


2) Lesson of Never Say Die

During our school days, we had read numerous stories one of which was about a distraught king who lost his entire kingdom and how he regained it - gaining self confidence from an ant who tried zillion times to climb the rock. I remember the morale of Never Say Die from this.


3) Lesson of Self-Hygiene

A cat always ensures that the place she is going to rest is clean. It also keeps licking its own body, to wipe any dirt.


4) Lesson of Hardwork

A horse never sits, it only picks up one leg, at the time he sleeps. Only if he is ill or about to die, we can see him lying down. How strong!


5) Staying fit

Whoever said thin people (nothing cryptic, I'm referring myself) can't be fit?! Damn them! Can't even remember when I last had Sardi/Khokla/Taap or I'd fallen short of breath while playing Tennis, singles mind you!

6) Lesson to thank and respect others

According to me the most important lesson in life. Why can't we show our Watchman or the waiter at a hotel the same respect that we show towards one from our kin? A Jadoo ki Jhappi always works, try it. I did :-)

3 comments:

  1. Nice one dude :) Coincidently I also remember the Hajmola adv. for fork-knife situations .. I totally agree on your views on fitness in the sense that it's not only the superficial things that count .. Your immunity and stamina are correct benchmarks .. though I currently fall way short of them but what are new year resolutions for :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one. I can give sermons on this topic :P
    There's also a very important lesson you missed - of watching your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good stuff there.now i will always remember that the knife is supposed to be in the right hand.























    wallpaper, limewire

    ReplyDelete