Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tryst With The Pune University!

The last ten days or so have been quite eventful - full of anger and frustration. I along with a couple of my classmates fell "victims" to the whims and fancies of the Pune University! I assume those reading this post are aware of our ill-fate :-( No. I'll still reiterate it! (what the hell if it's the zillionth time) This was the last thing I expected...and certainly not in the "closing-stages" of my Engineering life (which has hardly been kind to me) - The Pune University gives us a marksheet with a goof-up. They print an elective subject I hadn't applied for instead of the one I opted for. Now if this wasn't ghastly enough, they FAIL us in "that" elective with a 0 (zero). Beat that!!! OK. So, where do we go from here? (figuratively and literally) After submitting application, xeroxes and that dreaded marksheet, we thought we'd done enough; wrongly! Ten days since...and we still didn't have a clue about what was in store for us :-( Finally, it was because of a pep-talk given by an experienced-fellow-unfortunate-"victim" of the Pune University (different time, different reason), that we actually took efforts to go the hallowed turfs of the Pune University; taking matter in our hands, quite literally! What do I see there - the exact verbal description of what I'd only heard so far. Yes, the how-the-sarkari-kacheris-work stories! Gardi, Gondhal, Pasara, Halgarjipana,...(continue filling it up for me please :-P). After the expected from-table-to-table run, we ended up at the "authorized" person who after having made certain that I'm the same guy as in the Hall-Ticket photo (!), gave us our corrected marksheets. Wait wait. Picture abhi baki hain mere dost :-D What do we see then - almost everybody had passed in that elective subject with borderline marks. I agree that I've been barely managing to score "The Engineers' Number" all these years (:-P), but now when I'm super-confident of the my marks... :'( I did make my one last throw of the dice today by applying for the revaluation of the answer sheet. Did you say no use? But, with the way the Pune University is coming up with "surprises" for me, who knows, I might have the last laugh, rather WE (Yes. I, still have a glimmer of hope; the optimist that I'm!) I was sincerely hoping that the first, and the only time I visit the Pune University...OK OK - the hallowed turfs of the Pune University will be at my convocation ceremony. Sadly that wasn't meant to be. The "date" was a bit premature, wasn't it?! And to think of it, it's not over yet...I still have to face them once... :-( Ummm...is there a way to get even??! PS: "The Engineers' Number" = 40

7 comments:

  1. 'Hallowed turf'...love it when you wax poetic. I still feel your rage and frustration, but at least you have only a few odd months left in that world....then you get to exercise those same feelings in the real world every so often except you get paid so that's not a bad perk ;-)

    Btw, what is the 'Engineers' number'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real tragic thing,.put in very good words..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm..
    hats off to UoP..!!

    hope u do hav the last laugh..
    all d best !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very well written roger, being one of "those" victims along with u...but yeah, there's always hope...n we just gotta wait till we get the final verdict...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sadly,since this is the epitome of halgarjipana we are talking about..there really seems to be no way you can get even!

    well,the least you can do is swear at them 10 times a day..at least you might feel better for that instant :-P

    and the most you can do is TRY to get even.. :-P

    no wait,call Pune Mirror!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naaays one!

    Before coming to the content, let me say that the way you've written is nice.

    And you know what, getting passed in that subject is itself a relief, because you won't have to be studying extra 6 units because of someone else' blunder.

    As far as revaluation is concerned, I think you've a fair chance. In my Engg. life, I've applied for reval twice and have been lucky on both the times. (100% track record, you see!)

    Btw, the Pune Mirror suggestion sounds good, if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete