Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Why So Serious?
After waiting a few days to let the "dust settle", we grabbed the opportunity to catch The Dark Knight. I don't profess to be a fan of comic book movies, but I am a fan of classic summer movies. And what a summer movie it was! A monday morning show usually does it for us ( monday = official "pichcher" day...or was it the Project day?! )
The Dark Knight follows Batman (Christian Bale) as he partners up with Lt. James Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) to fight crime in Gotham City. The film opens with our first encounter with the Joker (Heath Ledger), but it escalates into something much darker as the Joker gains control over Gotham. And all you late-latifs, miss the starting sequence at you own peril :-P
I enjoyed the film for its entertainment value, but I also appreciated its strong acting, thought-provoking themes, and setting. Don't get me wrong; this is not exactly a deep film, but for a summer thriller it goes the extra mile.
In terms of acting, Heath Ledger outperformed everyone - hands down! I read somewhere that it was so good, Michael Cane reportedly forgot his lines out of fright during the shooting of the penthouse scene. Cane hadn't met Ledger until this scene, so apparently, he was extremely convincing.
Eventually, The Dark Knight is a must-see film...as simple as it gets :-)
Labels:
Films
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment