Why I hate Pune Mirror -
- Because they insist on starting headlines with Kyunki...
- Kyunki they have got me into the silly habit too.
- Kyunki they love to cover private parties of kids of some known faces – stories which neither the hosts, guests nor the aam janta would like to read.
- Kyunki they unabashedly publish photos of models in their bachpan ke kapde.
- Kyunki they have the audacity to ask us to rate the same photos/articles.
- Kyunki their articles make one uncomfortable/embarassed to read the paper in public.
- Kyunki they will ask for opinions – whether it is about India’s trade relations with China or the sound of Rani Mukerjee’s voice.
Why I will still read Pune Mirror -
- The other papers don't have the daily Crossword, Riddler and other stuff on Chai Time.
- Ditto for Internet Humour (so what if they are dhaaped).
- The other papers don’t have photos of models in their bachpan ke kapde.
- The other papers have bad fonts.
- The other papers don't have better topics than murder, fraud, robberies and chain snatches.
- The other papers don't have articles that make one uncomfortable/embarassed to read the paper in public.
- I might never expect to see my name in print in other papers for an opinion – whether it is about India’s trade relations with China or the sound of Rani Mukerjee’s voice.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteto sum up: The other papers are not entertaining enough as Mirror
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Good one, and it is only when you start working in the industry that you come to know the reason why they do all these things - the bottomline is grabbing eyeballs...shock value. That's about it, really.
ReplyDeleteAnd if you work in a Lifestyle magazine like I do, the bottomline is that the people featured in the magazine HAVE to be good-looking :P
hehe....
ReplyDeleteu r rite they are using such bad fonts..n apart from that te ashkya vaat lavatat typography chi...but still people likes pune mirror.....n te roj vachatat...n one more thing tu jar mumbai mirror vachat ashil tar ti news pune mirror la 2 divasani yete...
Beg your pardon,but I find Pune Mirror quite okay in the area of covering happenings in the city. Ofcourse not as well as Sakal or Pune Newsline. I especially like the Views page; the articles by Randhir Khare,Gauri Dange and Shanatanu Borah make for an interesting read. And the bloggers' park section is good too. And I surely rate their movie reviews above the seemingly rigged Times' ones.
ReplyDeleteI wont say I'm particularly partial to Pune Mirror, but I think all the papers,including TOI are the same. Point to be noted are the ridiculous articles in Times Life and unnecessary Graffiti section on the Sports page.
Nevertheless, I like your post :)
Long time since I visited your blog. My apologies!